About District 3
Based at Concordia University, District 3 is a leading university-hosted innovation hub in Montreal. We bring together key players from industry, government, and academia to ensure every innovator and entrepreneur has access to the resources they need to move from idea to impact with confidence. In 2016-2017, District 3 was awarded the Startup Canada Entrepreneur and Promotion Award for the Quebec region.
Join a Team of Peers on a Bold Mission
We’re determined to accomplish our vision of building the next generation of innovators. District 3 is run by a talented, ambitious, and multidisciplinary team. You’ll be part of a fast-paced culture and community where you are encouraged and expected to be proactive and take on challenging initiatives to increase organizational productivity and output.
The AI District, an initiative created by District 3 due to the impact Artificial Intelligence will have on society and the need to have build on the strong AI community in Montreal to ensure that more people are informed to leverage the technology for position social impact.
We are currently looking for an eager, energetic volunteer who would like to contribute to helping us in our mission as ambassadors for the Ana Avatar XPRIZE. The Avatar XPRIZE is a multimillion dollar competition which asks teams to build dynamic and robust robot systems which can solve a variety of difficult tasks. You will get the chance to work with different Montreal stakeholders in the city of Montreal and learn about the technology of the future.
– Assist with marketing documentation
– Assist with mapping out the current Eastern Canada Ecosystem
– Assist with developing events and workshops to recruit teams
You should apply if:
– You have an interest in emerging technology and entrepreneurship
– You want to help Montreal position itself as a capital of innovation
– You have between 8-16 hours available per week. You will be working out of District 3.
– You have some experience in event organization and relationship building (preferred, but not required).
– You are comfortable with speaking/writing in French (Preferred, but not required)
What you get as a valued member
– Build your network with driven entrepreneurs, researchers and students
– Be part of a welcoming and vibrant innovation community
– Be at the forefront of innovation in the Montreal ecosystem
Information about the Position:
– 8-15 hours requirement (flexible schedule)
This is a volunteer position running until the end of August. If you prefer to remain onboard, you have the option to do so with the potential for salary. You will be working with District 3’s AI Fellow, Sydney Swaine-Simon
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Sunday, July 8th.