About District 3
Based at Concordia University, District 3 is the largest and most diverse university-hosted innovation hub in Montreal. We bring together key players from industry, government, and academia to ensure every innovator, entrepreneur, and researcher has access to the resources they need to move from idea to impact with confidence
The Entrepreneur-in-Residence combines entrepreneurial drive and startup financing experience to coach entrepreneurs across a variety of subjects from business model design to fundraising. Curious about emerging technologies and passionate about empowering problem solvers, the Entrepreneur-in-Residence actively connects entrepreneurs with the best people and resources to accelerate their progression.
• Educate entrepreneurs on the fundamentals of managing startup finances and administrative processes.
• Guide and prepare startups in securing non-dilutive and dilutive financing.
• Develop or enhance financial models and justify company valuation.
• Challenge entrepreneurs on their business models.
• Provide creative solutions that are adapted to the time and resource limitations of early-stage ventures.
• Develop and nurture strategic relationships that support the development of District 3 and its entrepreneurs.
• Track record of guiding technology startups through debt and equity financing or M&A.
• Familiarity with early stage financial ecosystem, fiscality, and business environment.
• Comfortable with learning and discovery, operating “without a map”.
• Ability to rapidly and accurately diagnose needs and prescribe an adapted course of action.
• Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
• MBA, CPA, CFA an asset.
Contribute to the success of promising startups at the forefront of their industries.
Evolve with considerable autonomy in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Guide the next generation of innovators in shaping the future of Montreal.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply here by Sunday, July 1st