Based at Concordia University, District 3 is the largest and most diverse university-hosted innovation hub in Montreal. We bring together key players from industry, government, and academia to ensure every innovator, entrepreneur, and researcher has access to the resources they need to move from idea to impact with confidence.
By employing a variety of industry-leading methodologies, District 3 trains its residents to become world-class innovation leaders in their industries. As a resident at District 3, you will collaborate and learn from researchers at the cutting edge of their field and will receive training in innovation best-practices to ensure you are fully equipped to work in a team, and see the project through to completion on tight deadlines.
This year’s theme for the residency is Quality of Life Futures, exploring how the intersection of design, exponential technologies, and human interactions can impact the quality of life in different communities. Break down the barriers of your discipline in this challenging 12 week residency, by turning ideas into practical solutions for forward-looking organizations.
We are looking for designers who have a keen eye, a curiosity that spans beyond the aesthetics and into the realms of interactions, and a fundamental belief that collaboration is a key component of design. You are comfortable with high levels of collaboration in a dynamically shifting work environment.
Eligibility & Qualifications
– Graduating or recently graduated from Concordia University
– A bachelor’s, master’s, or equivalent in the following or similar:
– Communication/Graphic design
– Computation arts
– Human Computer Interactions/Interaction design
– Urban Studies
– Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and other Adobe applications
– UX/UI research methods and tools such as Sketch (app), Balsamiq, etc.
– Bonus: Using camera equipment for photography or video
– Bonus: Front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS, etc)
Mandate & Responsibilities
– As a design resident on the project, your role will be to:
– Assist with design research
– Ensure that the technology and humanities aspects are integrated
– Produce high quality visuals and interactions
– Provide a final outcome with production-quality finish
– Attend all the mandatory trainings
– Work the mandated 35 hours with your team at District 3
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 1st at midnight. Apply here: http://bit.ly/D3DesignResidency