About District 3
Based at Concordia University, District 3 is the largest and most diverse university-hosted innovation
hub in Montreal. We bring together key players from industry, government, and academia to ensure every
innovator, entrepreneur, and researcher has access to the resources they need to move from idea to
impact with confidence.
The Executive-In-Residence position seeks to prepare ambitious candidates to take on leadership positions
in promising technology ventures. Candidates will work on varied mandates (sales, finance, accounting,
etc.) to accelerate early stage startups. While expected to work under minimal supervision, the incumbent
will have access to seasoned mentors at all times to resolve roadblocks and review deliverables.
• Develop or enhance financial models and justify company valuation.
• Support startups in securing non-dilutive and dilutive funding.
• Collect, monitor, and interpret company performance data.
• Provide creative solutions that are adapted to the time and resource limitations of early-stage ventures.
• Lead the implementation of administrative systems and best practices.
• Proven knowledge of corporate finance, strategic planning and operations analysis.
• Familiarity with early stage financial ecosystem, fiscality, and business environment.
• Ability to juggle between multiple concurrent mandates in contexts of extreme uncertainty.
• Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
• MBA, CPA, CFA an asset.
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering.
• High computer literacy.
• Highly curious and self-directed learner.
• Earn credibility in a variety of emerging and fast growing industries (VR, synthetic biology, AI, Fintech).
• Contribute to the success of promising startups.
• Bond with entrepreneurs at the forefront of their industries.
• Evolve in a dynamic environment of proactive innovators
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply here by Thursday, February 1st: d3center.typeform.com/to/m4nKW8