About District 3
At the heart of a next-generation university, Concordia’s District 3 is a strong and diverse innovation hub in Montreal. We bring together key players from corporations, government, research, and academia to ensure every innovator and entrepreneur has access to the resources they need to move from idea to impact with confidence.
About the Role
As the Montreal ambassador for the AI XPRIZE, a four-year global $5-million, open and global competition where teams must develop and demonstrate how people can collaborate and apply artificial intelligence. Montreal is leading the pack with the most teams entered in the competition, a total of 12.
District 3 is looking for AI Product Managers who can help the local participants maximize their impact. This is the first startup for many of the teams and they require the expertise of someone who has successfully built AI products multiple times. This position is perfect for someone who wants to help the Montreal AI ecosystem make an international impact.
The main roles and responsibilities will be to:
– Meet with the teams for a total of 4 times over 3 months with each session being about 3 hours.
– Help them structure their projects as well as overcome technical and team bottlenecks.
– Guide them by providing insight and holding them accountable to 30 day sprints.
– 5+ Years of AI Project Management Experience
– 5+ Years of Software Development Experience
– Experience with running or teaching Project Management classes/workshops
– Knowledgeable on up to date PM tools
– Experience with Software Dev Project Managing
– PHD/Master in AI/CS and or any relevant AI Fields
– Experience with Startups/SME’s and working in small agile teams
– Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen objectively, to facilitate idea creation, to ask powerful questions, and to foster learning and progress
– Familiar and connected with the Montreal AI ecosystem.
Two contracts are available. Qualified applicants will be required to invoice us with the agreed amount.